Saturday, September 13th 2014
1-mile loop around Martini Corner
The Ozanam Guild Martini Mile is a 1-mile loop around beautiful, historic Union Hill and the Martini Corner Entertainment District.
Teams of four will have one runner at a time complete the 1-mile course. With the use of a "baton" (provided by each team), runners will make their relay-style exchanges at the start/finish transition area on 31st Street in front of the Barrel 31. Once the 4th/final runner crosses the finish line (on the north side of 31st Street), the team's official time will be recorded.
Competitive and recreational runners welcome. Awards divisions consist of male, female and co-ed. Chip timing will be used for accurate race results.
A post race event will be hosted by the Barrel 31 and Martini Corner, with drink specials and live music for all race participants.
Runners and volunteers will receive a race t-shirt.
Proceeds benefit the Ozanam Guild's volunteer and fiscal contributions to the students and programs at Ozanam.
Unable to participate as a runner or volunteer, but still want to help make a difference in the lives of the students at Ozanam?
11:00am Packet Pick-Up and Race Day Registration Opens at the Barrel 31 (Martini Corner bars are also open during this time - wink, wink!)
12:30pm Packet Pick-Up and Race Day Registration Closes
1pm Official Start Time of the 2014 Ozanam Guild Martini Mile
2:30pm Race Course Officially Closes (those unfinished may continue on the sidewalks...ooooor in a Martini Corner bar)
2:30pm Post Race Party Officially Begins with Drink Specials, Live Music, and End of the World Pub Crawl at the Martini Corner Bars
5:30pm Post Race Party Officially Begins with Drink Specials, Live Music, and Award Ceremony at the Martini Corner Bars
5:30pm Post Race Party Officially Concludes, however patrons are free to continue partying until the bars (Martini Corner) kick them out
- Teams may consist of 1, 2, 3 or 4 runners.
- All teams pay a $120 registration fee regardless of number of team members - if you wish to sign up with 0 runners, the fee is still $120.
- Only teams of 4 will be eligible for awards - all teams will be eligible for the post-race party hosted by Barrel 31 and Tower Tavern.
- Official race time will be based on the "gun start". No, not your biceps, the race director's official start.
- Runners must run in predetermined order. If you are having trouble determining a team order we recommend going by height, age, or shoe size.
- Teams may only have one runner, running on the course at a time. (Spectators along the course are encouraged!)
- The timing chip MUST be worn on ONLY the FINAL runner's shoe to achieve an accurate finishing time. If you DO NOT want an accurate finishing time we recommend wearing the chip as a necklace or a broach.
- Dogs and dog poop are not permitted on the race course.
- Strollers are not permitted on the race course. Those who enjoy "strolling" are permitted (and encouraged) to be on the course, as long as they are registered and finish with the alloted time.
- Alcohol is not permitted on the race course. If alcohol is discovered on the race course it will be confiscated by one of the race organizers and dealt with "appropriately".
- Segways are awesome...but are not permitted on the race course.
- Headphones are permitted, but volume must be a level low enough that runners are aware of his/her surroundings. Boomboxes are absolutely permitted on the race course, but must be battery powered, extension cords are not permitted on the race course.
- In order for teams to be eligible for Co-Ed awards, the team must consist of 1 male and 1 female.
Awards will be presented during the Post-Race Party presented by Tower Tavern and Barrel 31
- Prize Categories:
- Fastest overall teams male, female, and co-ed
- Most creative team costume
- Most creative baton
Sign up NOW!
$125 per team, $31 per individual
*Until September 12th
$140 per team, $35 per individual
*Until Race Day
We Can't Do It Without You
This event wouldn't be possible without a great group of people to help pull it off. If you are interested in volunteering for the 2014 Ozanam Guild Martini Mile, please click below.
Volunteer needs include; Packet Pick-Up, Registration, Course Monitors, Relay Spotters, Aid Stations, Finish Area, Gophers
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You
- Bronze Sponsors
- Event Partners
to everyone that made this event possible.
OZANAM GUILD MISSION STATEMENT
The Ozanam Guild is a group of young professional adults
who provide fundraising and volunteer support to Ozanam,
a treatment center for children. Guild membership offers
opportunities to meet new people and to network with other
young professionals, while playing a vital role in Ozanam's
efforts to serve children and their families.
To learn more about Ozanam Guild, Click Here.
To learn more about Ozanam, Click Here.