Union Hill Mile
June 25th, 2016 Race Starts at 4:00 PM
1-mile loop around Martini Corner
The Ozanam Guild Union Hill Mile is a 1-mile loop around beautiful, historic Union Hill and the Martini Corner Entertainment District.
Teams of four will have one runner at a time complete the 1-mile course. With the use of a "baton" (provided by each team), runners will make their relay-style exchanges at the start/finish transition area on 31st Street in Martini Corner. Once the 4th/final runner crosses the finish line (on the north side of 31st Street), the team's official time will be recorded.
Competitive and recreational runners welcome. Awards divisions consist of male, female and co-ed. Chip timing will be used for accurate race results.
A post race event will be hosted by Martini Corner, with drink specials and live music for all race participants.
Runners and volunteers will receive a race t-shirt.
Proceeds benefit the Ozanam Guild's volunteer and fiscal contributions to the students and programs at Ozanam.
Unable to participate as a runner or volunteer, but still want to help make a difference in the lives of the students at Ozanam?
2:00pm Packet Pick-Up and Race Day Registration Opens at Union Hill/Martini Corner (TBD) (Martini Corner establishments are also open during this time - wink, wink!)
3:30pm Packet Pick-Up and Race Day Registration Closes
4pm Official Start Time of the 2016 Ozanam Guild Union Hill Mile
5:30pm Race Course Officially Closes (those unfinished may continue on the sidewalks...ooooor in a Martini Corner/Union Hill establishments)
7:30pm Post Race Party Officially Concludes, however patrons are free to continue partying until the bars (Martini Corner/Union Hill) kick them out
- Teams may consist of 1, 2, 3 or 4 runners.
- New this year we have added a 1-mile sprint for you speed daemons. Register as an individual runner. Will have separate start time.
- Official race time will be based on the "gun start". No, not your biceps, the race director's official start.
- Runners must run in predetermined order. If you are having trouble determining a team order we recommend going by height, age, or shoe size.
- Teams may only have one runner, running on the course at a time. (Spectators along the course are encouraged!)
- The timing chip MUST be worn on ONLY the FINAL runner's shoe to achieve an accurate finishing time. If you DO NOT want an accurate finishing time we recommend wearing the chip as a necklace or a broach.
- Dogs and dog poop are not permitted on the race course.
- Strollers are not permitted on the race course. Those who enjoy "strolling" are permitted (and encouraged) to be on the course, as long as they are registered and finish with the alloted time.
- Alcohol is not permitted on the race course. If alcohol is discovered on the race course it will be confiscated by one of the race organizers and dealt with "appropriately".
- Segways are awesome...but are not permitted on the race course.
- Headphones are permitted, but volume must be a level low enough that runners are aware of his/her surroundings. Boomboxes are absolutely permitted on the race course, but must be battery powered, extension cords are not permitted on the race course.
- In order for teams to be eligible for Co-Ed awards, the team must consist of 1 male and 1 female.
Awards will be presented during the Post-Race Party presented by Union Hill
- Prize Categories:
- Fastest overall teams male, female, and co-ed
- Most creative team costume
- Most creative baton
Sign up NOW!
Now - May 1st
4 person team - $75
May 1st - June 1st
4 person team - $100
June 1st - June 24th
4 person team - $120
June 25th (day of registration)
4 person team - $140
We Can't Do It Without You
This event wouldn't be possible without a great group of people to help pull it off. If you are interested in volunteering for the 2016 Ozanam Guild Union Hill Mile, please click below.
Volunteer needs include; Packet Pick-Up, Registration, Course Monitors, Relay Spotters, Aid Stations, Finish Area, Gophers
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You
- Title Sponsor
- Silver Sponsors
- Event Partners
to everyone that made this event possible.
OZANAM GUILD MISSION STATEMENT
The Ozanam Guild is a group of young
professional adults who provide fundraising
and volunteer support to Ozanam, a treatment
center for children. Guild membership offers
opportunities to meet new people and to
network with other young professionals, while
playing a vital role in Ozanam's efforts to
serve children and their families.
To learn more about Ozanam Guild, Click Here.
To learn more about Ozanam, Click Here.